Skip to main content
Well, since I last updated... Not a whole lot has changed. We have been spending a lot of time at the park with the dogs in the evenings, so we haven't been so productive around the house. 

We decided to create a gallery wall up the stairs. We will continue to add to it over time. 



Couver turned 4 :)


We had a whimsical watercolor painting done of the house :) Thomas edited it on his computer and added a Canadian flag. We are going to blow it up and print it so we can hang it in the living room. 


We spent a lot of time at the dog park... enjoying sunsets. 



Another of Couv 



Rocky, the little guy we dog sat. He is looking for a new home :( Poor little guy... 


We painted one of the rooms upstairs. The walls are Twilight Gray from the Sherwin Williams Arts and Crafts collection. The ceiling peaks where the dormer is and we chose to go with Blue Sky from the Jazz age collection from Sherwin Williams. 

The ceiling with one coat.


Two coats and the fan installed... This room really needed a fan. It gets really hot during the summer. When this room is finished, we will be temporarily moving into it so we can work on our master bedroom downstairs. 


Twilight gray on the walls. This isn't the best lighting (cell phone pictures), but it gives you an idea. 


More of the chaos. Twilight gray on the walls. 


We are now just waiting on the flooring for this room. The laminate that the previous owner installed was done incorrectly and they didn't bother to continue it into the closet. This room does not have original wood floors because it used to be the attic and the walls were just pushed out to make more space. 

We ordered inexpensive laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators and will be installing it once it arrives. We also plan on putting in baseboards and trim to finish the room off. We are trying to finish this room as inexpensively as possible to make it functional. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rain Barrels and Chains

The most recent addition to our home: rain barrels and copper rain chains. A couple months ago, we had new seamless gutters installed to replace the plastic do-it-yourself gutters the previous owner had installed. We asked the installers to adapt them to fit rain chains, and installed our copper rain chains a couple weeks later. Before: You can see the many seams that the old gutters had. They all leaked! After: This is the front of the house, but you can see... NO seams! :) The next step was to find a rain barrel to catch the water at the bottom of the rain chains. We shopped online and found out that it would be a lot cheaper to make our own custom rain barrel than to buy one. We called around to wineries and found out that they were only charging $30/full wine barrel!! We bought three wine barrels and cut one in half to use at the base of both of the barrels. This helped get them high enough so that our watering can would fit under the spigot. Here are the rain chains befo

1928 Bungalow Rental Property Update

It has been a whirlwind 6 months and I cannot believe all that is happening in the world. We have been on lockdown in Washington, but have been doing our best to social distance and still get work done. We finished up our 1928 Bungalow and had renters moved in by February 1st. A couple weeks ago, we also purchased another bungalow... but this one is across the street from the previous house and was built in 1910. I will write a separate post for that house! The 1928 Bungalow turned out to be a great purchase! We snagged it for $79,000 and were able to fix it up and get it running for probably close to $20,000. We hope to run the numbers soon to get an exact amount, but we are very happy!  We initially focused on the interior of the house to get it ready for renters and after they moved in, we focused on cleaning up the yard. This house was purchased from an estate. The man had passed away and the family was selling it. The home was smoke damaged from the man smoking and needed

Painted Shed and Playhouse

We have painted the shed and playhouse and fallen in love with Bunglehouse Blue from Sherwin Williams. It is a nice crisp blue and looks great against the stark white trim. What a difference! The shed after we pressure washed it twice and sanded it down. Painted in Bunglehouse Blue by Sherwin Williams. We still need to do touch up and finish the window.  Out the back, we plan on building a new door to match the side door. This door is proof of the previous owner's skill. It's how she did everything...  The playhouse painted. It still needs house numbers, mailbox and some more trim. It's home for many bees and we hope to change that.  And now for the obligatory yard update! The roses are blooming!  The Conquest Maple is filling in wonderfully.  Snowball plant is blooming  The irises have all taken off! Geraniums and blue berries   The cacti are insane.  We are thinking about potentially pain