Skip to main content

New Doors!

We finally have been able to get our doors and hardware in. We are so happy to finally have two functional doors on our house. After the break in, our back door was boarded up for a MONTH! We decided to save some money and stain and install the doors ourselves.

Here are some pictures:

Thomas staining the back door

Me staining the front door

The inside of the front door

Thomas removing the trim to the back door

The back door is out!

Removing the front door

New back door! Just need to re-attach the trim

Emtek Arts and Crafts hardware. I love it!

Craftsman Therma Tru door- FIVE times more insulating than wood doors!

We also put in the front door, but it's too dark to take photos right now. We plan on putting the trim once we strip and repaint it. I absolutely love our new doors. It's nice that they fit our house, but are also more energy efficient.

Our goal this weekend: start and finish the arbor and front gate. Wish us luck!

Comments

  1. Sorry about the reasons you had to replace them, but they are very nice looking doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We are in love with them and figure it was meant to be. Had we not been broken into, the doors probably wouldn't have ever been replaced. They were an eye sore, and I'm glad we had the opportunity to replace them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's neat. You guys did all the work including sanding up the doors and fitting it in. The door lock looks elegant in its own way. And more importantly, your new doors are more energy-efficient, which will save you more money in the long run.

    Renewal by Andersen®

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rain Barrels and Chains

The most recent addition to our home: rain barrels and copper rain chains. A couple months ago, we had new seamless gutters installed to replace the plastic do-it-yourself gutters the previous owner had installed. We asked the installers to adapt them to fit rain chains, and installed our copper rain chains a couple weeks later. Before: You can see the many seams that the old gutters had. They all leaked! After: This is the front of the house, but you can see... NO seams! :) The next step was to find a rain barrel to catch the water at the bottom of the rain chains. We shopped online and found out that it would be a lot cheaper to make our own custom rain barrel than to buy one. We called around to wineries and found out that they were only charging $30/full wine barrel!! We bought three wine barrels and cut one in half to use at the base of both of the barrels. This helped get them high enough so that our watering can would fit under the spigot. Here are the rain chains befo

1928 Bungalow Rental Property Update

It has been a whirlwind 6 months and I cannot believe all that is happening in the world. We have been on lockdown in Washington, but have been doing our best to social distance and still get work done. We finished up our 1928 Bungalow and had renters moved in by February 1st. A couple weeks ago, we also purchased another bungalow... but this one is across the street from the previous house and was built in 1910. I will write a separate post for that house! The 1928 Bungalow turned out to be a great purchase! We snagged it for $79,000 and were able to fix it up and get it running for probably close to $20,000. We hope to run the numbers soon to get an exact amount, but we are very happy!  We initially focused on the interior of the house to get it ready for renters and after they moved in, we focused on cleaning up the yard. This house was purchased from an estate. The man had passed away and the family was selling it. The home was smoke damaged from the man smoking and needed

Painted Shed and Playhouse

We have painted the shed and playhouse and fallen in love with Bunglehouse Blue from Sherwin Williams. It is a nice crisp blue and looks great against the stark white trim. What a difference! The shed after we pressure washed it twice and sanded it down. Painted in Bunglehouse Blue by Sherwin Williams. We still need to do touch up and finish the window.  Out the back, we plan on building a new door to match the side door. This door is proof of the previous owner's skill. It's how she did everything...  The playhouse painted. It still needs house numbers, mailbox and some more trim. It's home for many bees and we hope to change that.  And now for the obligatory yard update! The roses are blooming!  The Conquest Maple is filling in wonderfully.  Snowball plant is blooming  The irises have all taken off! Geraniums and blue berries   The cacti are insane.  We are thinking about potentially pain