Skip to main content

Bedroom Furniture and Closet Demolition

I know I haven't posted in a while... We have been busy working, doing yardwork and recently I have started working on stripping woodwork again! I am going to be be playing catch up on here :D

Last month, we found some furniture on Craigslist that matched a dresser we had purchased from a lady that painted it. I got the paint matched at Sherwin Williams, and we were able to paint the new dresser and nightstands and now have a matching set! They are far from antique, but have a lot of character.

Before: They were pretty scratched up, but were beautiful!




After: Now it matches the rest!(Please ignore the missing drawer, I didn't notice when I took the picture)


Now we have two matching dressers and two nightstands.

We also chose to take down a closet that the previous owner added to add more space to our room. It was a messy job, but it made our 'master' bedroom feel a little more spacious.

Before: The closet protruded into the room and took up a lot of square footage for not much storage.


During: It was a messy demo!




After: We still have do do something about this wall... The texture doesn't match the rest of the room. We may wallpaper...



We have a lot of plans for the bedroom, but it will have to wait for a while:

-Tin ceiling
-Wallpaper accent wall
-Paint
-New crown molding
-Refinish the floors (they may not be salvageable, so we may paint them a solid color)
-Strip the windows and paint them

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rain Barrels and Chains

The most recent addition to our home: rain barrels and copper rain chains. A couple months ago, we had new seamless gutters installed to replace the plastic do-it-yourself gutters the previous owner had installed. We asked the installers to adapt them to fit rain chains, and installed our copper rain chains a couple weeks later. Before: You can see the many seams that the old gutters had. They all leaked! After: This is the front of the house, but you can see... NO seams! :) The next step was to find a rain barrel to catch the water at the bottom of the rain chains. We shopped online and found out that it would be a lot cheaper to make our own custom rain barrel than to buy one. We called around to wineries and found out that they were only charging $30/full wine barrel!! We bought three wine barrels and cut one in half to use at the base of both of the barrels. This helped get them high enough so that our watering can would fit under the spigot. Here are the rain chains befo

1928 Bungalow Rental Property Update

It has been a whirlwind 6 months and I cannot believe all that is happening in the world. We have been on lockdown in Washington, but have been doing our best to social distance and still get work done. We finished up our 1928 Bungalow and had renters moved in by February 1st. A couple weeks ago, we also purchased another bungalow... but this one is across the street from the previous house and was built in 1910. I will write a separate post for that house! The 1928 Bungalow turned out to be a great purchase! We snagged it for $79,000 and were able to fix it up and get it running for probably close to $20,000. We hope to run the numbers soon to get an exact amount, but we are very happy!  We initially focused on the interior of the house to get it ready for renters and after they moved in, we focused on cleaning up the yard. This house was purchased from an estate. The man had passed away and the family was selling it. The home was smoke damaged from the man smoking and needed

Painted Shed and Playhouse

We have painted the shed and playhouse and fallen in love with Bunglehouse Blue from Sherwin Williams. It is a nice crisp blue and looks great against the stark white trim. What a difference! The shed after we pressure washed it twice and sanded it down. Painted in Bunglehouse Blue by Sherwin Williams. We still need to do touch up and finish the window.  Out the back, we plan on building a new door to match the side door. This door is proof of the previous owner's skill. It's how she did everything...  The playhouse painted. It still needs house numbers, mailbox and some more trim. It's home for many bees and we hope to change that.  And now for the obligatory yard update! The roses are blooming!  The Conquest Maple is filling in wonderfully.  Snowball plant is blooming  The irises have all taken off! Geraniums and blue berries   The cacti are insane.  We are thinking about potentially pain