Skip to main content

Final Downstairs Bathroom and Kitchen Update

It's official - we are done with the downstairs bathroom! It has gone through several smaller renovations, but we have finished the final remodel! It has been nice to enjoy our new bathroom and think about future projects.

We chose to stick with the classic subway tile and beadboard to keep the bathroom looking timeless.


We took the wall halfway down between the toilet and shower to make it feel more open. It is amazing how much a little wall can make a difference! 

We had the glass surround custom made so that it was extra tall. We also had the plumber install the shower head up higher than normal. 




Thomas made a built in magazine rack and toilet paper holder. It gives a lot more space between the toilet and wall. 


The door on the right did not have the original woodwork (the door may have been added later on), so we had found a match and created our own trim. It matches perfectly... you can't even tell it is new! 



We have also finished up the kitchen, so we took some updated pictures to show the final product. 

The coffee bar used to be where the stove was. We moved the stove to the exterior wall and had a plumber move the gas. We added a range hood microwave and this allowed it to vent straight outside. The shelving above is all from wood that we have had in the yard for years. They were custom built for this space. 





The new location for the stove. The subway tile extends down this entire wall all the way to the ceiling. We also had a pot filler added when the gas was moved... it was a splurge. 



 We built a bench and shoe storage area at the end of the kitchen. I still need to fill my new little cupboard.

The cabinets in the kitchen are original along with all of the windows in the house. I feel very thankful to have such an intact old home :) 



The sink is my favorite part of the kitchen... it is gigantic! 











Couver and Khloe are loving the summertime! 


Oh, and I jumped out of a plane (again)! 


We are so thankful to be done with a couple of big projects and are already thinking of what we want to do next! 

We are loving being landlords and have been working on small projects over there. We bought new blinds, painted the entire basement, and hope to do some tiling and small bathroom changes in the next 6 months. 

This year, at the Bois Bungalow we hope to:

-Install (or have someone else install - don't know which yet) a new paver patio out back 
-Get new patio and porch furniture so that we can continue to enjoy our yard
-Add to our existing garden 
-Potentially look at some changes for the upstairs bathroom! 

I will update again when we begin our next project! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Painted the House!

We had the house painted this week!

We hired a professional and it was completely worth not having to do it ourselves. They spent two days prepping the house. They pressure washed, scraped, sanded, caulked, primed and then painted. We chose Sherwin Williams Bunglehouse Blue for the body, white for the trim, Atmospheric for the porch ceiling and Iron Ore for the window and porch floor.

We chose to paint the porch ceiling a haint blue because of the history behind it. We will see if it makes a difference with the amount of bugs.

It is amazing how much of a difference paint can make! Now for the fun part, the pictures.

The front of the house while the painters were working.


The north side of the house.


The west side of the house.




The north side.





The front

Front porch










They finished on Friday and it is still quite shocking to walk out and see a blue house instead of a yellow one. We think the blue makes the house look more historic and less like a cottage.

Next up, we are working on some …

Painted Shed and Playhouse

We have painted the shed and playhouse and fallen in love with Bunglehouse Blue from Sherwin Williams. It is a nice crisp blue and looks great against the stark white trim. What a difference!


The shed after we pressure washed it twice and sanded it down.


Painted in Bunglehouse Blue by Sherwin Williams. We still need to do touch up and finish the window. 

Out the back, we plan on building a new door to match the side door. This door is proof of the previous owner's skill. It's how she did everything... 

The playhouse painted. It still needs house numbers, mailbox and some more trim. It's home for many bees and we hope to change that. 

And now for the obligatory yard update!
The roses are blooming! 

The Conquest Maple is filling in wonderfully. 


Snowball plant is blooming 

The irises have all taken off!



Geraniums and blue berries 

 The cacti are insane. 

We are thinking about potentially painting parts of the house on our own. After seeing how great the shed looks now, it h…